Edmunds Community Forum

Welcome to “The Voice”. While you are in this zone please VOTE, COMMENT, or post a NEW IDEA. Good comments will show support for/against an idea. You may also use comments to enhance an existing idea.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Limit the Posting Period by User

Users sometimes post entries inadvertently to prior periods. This creates difficulties reconciling the current period. It also changes the financial records of prior months. Much time is usually spent trying to find and correct the periods. We would therefore like to restrict prior period posting, once a period is closed. Only the Accounting Manager or the CFO should have the ability to post to a prior period. Any entries that need to be made to a prior period would have to get the approval of the Accounting Manager or CFO.
    Limiting posting to prior periods would provide proper control over…

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Finance  ·  Admin →
  2. AP VENDOR NAME-ALLOW TO SEARCH ON ANY WORD IN THE NAME NOT JUST FIRST WORD

In AP Vendor Maintenance-have the ability to search on any word in the vendor name not just the first word. If a check is made out to Treasurer ..... and you do not remember it was Treasurer but know another word in the vendor name it will not find it. Please make the ability to search any word in the AP Vendor Maintenance name field PLEASE>>>>>

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Finance  ·  Admin →
  3. Navigating IPS online portal

Please add these buttons (online portal page file) to every page.

If a user does a parcel search first they tend to think they should be able to submit a permit or a request from there. If you add a Submit an application button on every page on the left it would direct them to the application portion.

The 2nd screen shot shows the page if you were in parcel look up first. If the buttons were displayed on the left side of the page it would then give them a way to navigate to that section without needing to…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Warning of duplicate invoices

When processing A/P, there should be a warning or pop up whenever there is a duplicate invoice number regardless if the invoice number is entered under a different purchase order containing the same vendor

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Finance  ·  Admin →
  5. Raw Data Export to Excel

Need to be able to export raw data of all Account Types in Excel to include budget fields as well as actual fields, and additional fields ie fiscal year and dept. etc.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Finance  ·  Admin →
  6. Tax Bill sent via ebill

It would be extremely helpful to have the ability to send tax bills via an ebill like we can in utility - especially during the COVID 19 many of our residents are asking for the invoices to be emailed.
    thoughts?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Attach back up to the budget transfers/amendments

When entering budget transfers or amendments, it would be helpful to be able to attach documents. This would be helpful because it would allow other users to be able to look at the attachment to determine why the amendment or transfer was done.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Deduction/Earning Codes

I want to be able to inactivate and activate deduction codes whenever I want to... like the Vendor IDs.... when I pull of a pick list of deduction and earning codes I dont want to see everyone that ever existed. Just the active ones. If I need to reactivate them I want to be able to do so.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Revise Periodic Inspections similar to Complaints

Having Periodic Inspections similar to Complaints will assist in scheduling (new & followup) items displaying on calendar and open inspection would always be displayed on start screen.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Penalty should generate its own invoice.

Penalty should generate its own invoice. Presently, a new line item is created on the original invoice which does not make sense because the original invoice is dated the month prior. By adding it on the same invoice, it does not allow us to reprint the original invoice if we need to. Also, it appears that the penalty is dated the same day as the original invoice (see the attached).

Somewhere on the invoice it should indicate the date of the penalty charged. Also, it would be nice if we could reprint the original invoices created.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. AP Quick Entry

I love Purchase Order Quick Entry. but I hate that after I accidentally close it I can't go back in it and keep going especially with po's that have a million line items.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Print Aging reports with "Aging" Bucket to reflect days past due ie. 30, 60, 90, etc.

Currently, both reports used for aging is not capable for both functions - aging bucket and status (inactive/active/both).

The Utility Aging Report will produce a report with Aging Bucket but no way to filter on status.
    The Custom Utility Report will produce a report that can be filtered by status, but no aging bucket.

This would allow for more in depth analysis of aging report without having to run various reports and then manually edit to get what you need

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Print A/P checks in alphabetical order by vendor name

Be able to print A/P checks from a check batch in alphabetical order by vendor name.

Ours is currently printing checks by vendor ID.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Blanket Controls for a PO should all show up at the start regardless of when they were set up.

Currently when a blanket control account is set up for a blanket PO, it is sequential. Sometimes a PO may have over 100 lines and it is hard to locate the blanket controls. It would be a nice feature if all blanket controls, regardless of when they were set up, would automatically be at the beginning of the PO.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Print the hourly rate on the Payroll Register

The hourly rate does not print out on the payroll register. This causes issues with audits.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. delinquent report should have excel option

when creating a property tax delinquent report should have the option to send to excel spreadsheet. because the 'print if any balance due as of:' does not calculate to the next month - must do manually in excel. the project penalty penalty % is not functional. need to be able to calculate to next month. thank you. k gallo

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add PTO accruals to pay stubs

Each pay period, employees accrue PTO (whether it be vacation or sick time), yet the employees cannot see the accrual rate on their pay stubs. I would like to see a column included on the paystubs to reflect how many hours were accrued during the pay period. This should be located next to the Hours Used/Remaining column.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Upload billing adjustments from an Excel file to batch.

Would love the ability to upload a billing adjustment batch from an Excel file for large batches of adjustments. For example, we have industrial users who have to pay an annual $50 fee for their permit, there are almost 100 of them. Because I can't figure out how to properly track these in Edmunds (most are tenants that don't receive the regular bill) and be able to export to Excel, I keep a separate Excel file, that includes account number. I would be nice to upload the file rather than enter in almost 100 account numbers.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. vendor email

Vendor Email Address needs a larger field to accompany all email addresses, as well as the ability to send remittances to multiple email addresses per vendor.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Create User Levels for Each Moduel

Each department should have their own security to access the System Utilities. The Tax office should not have access to Finance or any other department and the Finance office should not have access to the Tax System Utilities etc. Each department head should have access to their department ONLY! And the level to send messages should be at a 2 my clerks should be able to send a message to me and not have it restricted.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 27 28
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base