Edmunds Community Forum

Welcome to “The Voice”. While you are in this zone please VOTE, COMMENT, or post a NEW IDEA. Good comments will show support for/against an idea. You may also use comments to enhance an existing idea.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Automated Routine for Recording fees

Would like to see an automated routine for adding recording fees to open liens at time of recording based on lienholder ID numbers. Lienholders are waiting on average 45 days after sale to record. In large municipalities where a lienholder may have hundreds of liens sold this feature would definitely make it more efficient rather than manually typing them in on the lien maint screen one by one.

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Re-endorse a check if you fail to do so

Have the ability to go into the payment batch and select a check number to endorse a check if you forgot to do so. Just like we can go in to print a receipt through the batch.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Be able to print PD4 forms with taxpayer information.

Be able to print PD4 forms with taypayers information.

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. NJ PTR forms should continue to be available from year to year

PTR's are requested for back years all the time. The PTR tab allows the information to be retrieved but only prints on the current year forms. The forms should be compiled annually and available indefinitely for future requests. i.e. a 2014-2015 PTR 1A should print on a 2014-2015 PTR 1A Form not on a 2015-2016 form and hand transferred to the proper form.

29 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Is there any way to create a link from a lien holder ID to their contact info in lien holder maintenance?

I frequently verify redemption amounts with outside lien holders via email so that any discrepancies are dealt with prior to redemption. When running a redemption worksheet via the tax or lien screens, it only gives the lien holders id # and mailing address, no email or phone number... I have to access the lien holder maintenance screen to get that. Any way to create a link from the id# to their contact info?

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Special Excel Spreadsheet generated for subsequent charges that can be passed onto lien holders.

It would be nice to generate a report to excel by lien holder ID that lists each BLQ and Certificate they hold that is open as a row, then each available charge type that is open related to the BLQs as a column so that charges can be broken out. It would be great to be able to project interest to a date of our choosing on these amounts, so that we can pass the spreadsheets onto the lienholders when they request subsequent figures, many times we have to do individual research for each BLQ and project interest out for…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Print open balances by lien holder for subsequents

It would be helpful to be able to print open balances of taxes and utilities by lien holder for subsequent payments. A lien holder asks in advance for a list of open balances for payment. Some hold liens on many properties. If we could choose the lien holder in the pick list and have all the open liens print what balances are due with a projected interest date, it would be a time saver.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It would be helpful to flag a Lien Certificate with a 30-Day Notice Message in Red.

When a Tax Sale Certificate has received a 30-day notice and there are now foreclosure fees, it would help to have the account flagged with a red notice on the front page on the computer to remind the tax office to check for updated fees when giving out redemption figures.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Ability to add information to lien redemption worksheet

It would be helpful to be able to add information to the lien redemption worksheet. For instance, our mailing address or how to make payment.

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. additional space in the lien notes

It would make it easier if there was more space in the lien notes.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Payment Cash Receipt Report

When listing deposit totals in the Payment Cash Receipt Report, it would be helpful to be able to list the batch number, total of a single batch and date for the month. The report now offers detail but the batches are comingled instead of separated by batch number totals. This would be helpful in determining if a deposit was not returned from the bank and which batch it was generated from.

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  Dutch responded

I believe the finance cash receipts report shows payment batch totals by reference # and the date the batch was posted. See Finance > Revenue > Cash Receipts Report

14. For 1099 purposes, I would like the lienholder maintenance screen to resemble the A/P vendor maintenance screen.

In the lienholder maintenance screen, I would like a "legal name" box (as in the A/P vendor maintenance), so that both the legal name & the lienholder name print on the 1099 form. I received an IRS mismatch report because the lienholder name is NOT the legal name associated with the tax ID #; this would solve the problem.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Adding names to receipts

When printing tax sale receipts, the name and address does not appear on the receipt. It would be helpful to have as a double check so we do not only see the block and lot and/or acct #

50 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Stay Out of Sale Payment Code

When you use the "Stay Out of Sale Payment Code", you should be able to adjust the payment field to the date the person is paying. It is very time consuming if you have multiple properties to then go to the individual payment codes to include additional amounts paid based on the person using the tax sale notice amount that they have.

57 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Additional Lien Holder Maintenance address for custodians.

In some cases the name and address for Lien holder’s 1099 int. forms are not the same as what needs to be on tax sale certificates. This presents a problem when 1099’s need to be printed. This occurs if there is a custodian for the lien holder. My request is that there be an optional field to enter this information for the use when printing the interest forms.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Adjusting Subsequents onto Redeemed Liens

I would like the system to prevent me from adjusting subsequent charges onto a redeemed lien. I would like the redeemed liens to be removed from the picklist when I am in the adjustment batch or for the batch to generate an error when I try to save it that will tell me I am trying to adjust a subsequent onto a redeemed lien.

47 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Option for 1099 year on Lien Maintenance.

There should be a field in Lien Maintenance that displays a 1099 year and is used for reporting the interest on the 1099-Int forms. This should always default to the year in which a lien is redeemed, but comes into play when a lien is redeemed around the end of the year. If it is redeemed on 12/30/13, it will show on the 2013 1099s, but the lien holder may not have been paid until 1/10/14, so it should not actually show until the 2014 1099 is issued.

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base