Edmunds Community Forum

Welcome to “The Voice”. While you are in this zone please VOTE, COMMENT, or post a NEW IDEA. Good comments will show support for/against an idea. You may also use comments to enhance an existing idea.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Finance  ·  Admin →
  2. Statement of Revenue and Expenditures vs. Budget with Prior Year Columns

Using MCSJ 2021.1 Version I have the following improvements regarding Finance>Statement of Revenue and Expenditures Report Type: Budgeted & Actual.
    1. Although I have my print set to print portrait, the report is printing in landscape. It does not appear that the user can change this orientation.

1. Although I chose to print the prior year data (using the dialog box titled "Prior Year Column Option") as YTD to Eoy for Prior Year the report still says "All Years as of: 7/31/2021" (the date I chose in the dialog box titled "As Of Date for YTD Totals"). It appears the numbers…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Finance  ·  Admin →
  3. Make commodity codes Active or Inactive

Have the ability to make any commodity code active or inactive.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. MICR Checks - Signature files on printer vs. local workstation

Currently signatures for laser check printing have to be a font in the Windows fonts folder on the local computer for any workstation that prints checks. It would provide better security if the signatures could be pulled from the MICR printer.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Requisition Approval App

Right now you can use the requisition approval app to first, second and third approve a requisition using your cell phone. However, if you are third approving a requisition you do not have the ability to also run the build po from requisition. If you are not close to a laptop you are still doomed and just because it is third approved it will not generate a po until you run that separate report. It makes it very hard when you and another staff member are the only 3rd approvers and you are off and not close to a laptop…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Revenue,Expense and GL Accounts

Would like the option when looking for an expense, revenue or GL account to be able to sort by any word in the description. Now it only sorts on the first word of the description. It is very hard to find an account if you don't know your description. You have to sort by a section of accounts and look through all of them till you find your account.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Statement of Rev & Expd Report- Modify Column Heading from “Prior Yr Budget” to “Prior Yr Expd.”

On the Statement of Revenue & Expenditures Report, under the expenditure section, the third column from the left is currently titled, “Prior Yr Budget;” however, this column indicates prior year dollars spent—not what was budgeted, so the presentation of the information is deceiving. Would you please consider modifying this column heading to read, “Prior Yr Expd?”

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Contracts Module Allocations

Our County is currently planning to transition into using the Contracts Module, however we've noticed a feature that, if altered, could save us processing time. Currently, when setting up a new Contract you must "allocate" the contract amounts to specific budget accounts before you can requisition a P.O. against said contract. This is great for some, but not all.

In some instances we have estimated amounts not to exceed for open-ended contracts where no amount is encumbered until such a time that goods/services are ordered. For example, grant writing services is used by various departments. Instead of Finance Staff having…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Rolling YTD P.O. Total in P.O. Requisition Maintenance (and Vendor Maintenance)

It would be incredibly useful to have a field on the Requisition Maintenance that automatically pulls the YTD P.O. Total for the respective vendor. This would be a rolling 12-month total, so if it were 6/4/2021 at the time of viewing the requisition, it would display a total from 6/4/2020 to 6/4/2021. If it were 6/5/2021 at the time of viewing, it would display 6/5/2020 to 6/5/2021, etc.

This would assist all entities subject to NJ Contracts and Pay-to-Play Laws in monitoring for aggregation. If this were on the face of a requisition, Purchasing staff would be able to determine…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow Budget Entry/Processing/Worksheets by FUND

PLEASE add options for all budget preparation/entry/processing/worksheets to be accessed/run by FUND. Budgets are required to be balanced using revenues and expenditures by FUND...not by function or some other criteria. Cannot understand why this option is not available. Pretty standard stuff. Would be a tremendous time saver.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. System generated PDF attached when cutting checks

Each time a check is cut in the system, I would like for it to create a system generated PDF and attach it to either the vendor file or PO. This will make it easier during audit time to go back and pull copies of those checks and invoices, rather than manually pull the paper files.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. PLEASE allow all BUDGET PROCESSING PROCEDURES TO BE DONE BY FUND

For those of us in States that require annual budgets to be balanced by Fund...We have got to have this. PLEASE GET THIS TO THE TOP OF THE LIST. Add options for all budget preparation/entry/processing/worksheets to be accessed/run by FUND. We have to balance Budgets, revenues and expenditures, BY FUND....not by function or some other criteria. The way yal have it set up is extremely inefficient for those of us that have to work this process by FUND.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Font style for Balance Sheet to match other financial report in New 2020.3 version

Since upgrading to the newest version 2020.3, I like the new layout and font style of the Statement of Revenues and Expenditures, but the balance sheet under the G/L Reports is the same older font style. These two reports put together doesn't look uniform. I would suggest changing the font style and size to look more like the new Statement of Revenues and Expenditures.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Fixed Asset

There should be an additional tab (in addition to Addition and Disposition) or batch entry to adjust the Depreciation amount or net value. Entering the amount in the disposition did not adjust the net value amount.

When the disposition information is entered by mistake, and you reverse the entry in Special MCSJ, the annual depreciation becomes 0. You have to edit and change the expected life in order to show the annual depreciation. If you do not edit, the depreciation will not be calculated. In some cases, the annual depreciation amount changes. Please make it when the last entry is…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Default encumbrance date/charge account based on Req/PO Prefix

When entering a PO or Requisition line item, the system should default the encumbrance date and charge account year to the prefix year specified on the PO or Req #.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. PDF of vendor checks written

Each time a vendor check is processed in AP, I would like it to automatically create a file or attachment to the vendor detail. It would be great if there was a way to drill to it from the po/vendor detail.

This would be helpful during audit time, when they want to see a copy of the check that was cut to the vendor. I would not have to waste a lot of time going back and pulling the actual paper copy.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Vendors - put W-9 date on the 10-99 tab

For A/P vendors, put the W-9 Date field on the 10-99 tab instead on the Page 2 tab.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow me to duplicate journal entries like I can duplicate purchase orders

If I have a huge journal entry that needs to be reversed or repeated and it is not a recurring journal entry, please allow me to duplicate the journal entry. It should not be difficult to program this because we already have the ability to pull up a journal entry by reference number. I imagine that if we have a reference number, we should be able to duplicate the journal entry to use again. This would save the user some time. Please seriously consider this idea.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Finance  ·  Admin →
  20. Budget Export/Import - One Fund at a Time

Please allow us to Export/Import Budget by Fund. It would be so much easier to work with one and only one fund at a time. I see we can get a "section" of expenses, but not one whole fund.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base